Crepes Belle Helene, Sweet Pear Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 61 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12381 times
Crepes Belle Helene is a totally heavenly experience! It comprises soft pancakes, packed with a sweet and tangy pear mixture, all of which is laced with chocolate sauce and served with vanilla ice-cream. The filling has an awesome flavour, thanks to the perfect blend of fruity, sugary and lemony ingredients.
The pancakes too are out-of-the-world, because of the right mix of plain flour and corn flour. The chocolate sauce helps to highlight the fruity and citrusy flavours of this dessert better, while the vanilla ice-cream makes it a dessert par comparison! All in all, Crepes Belle Helene is the epitome of perfection...
Check out our other French desserts like Fresh Fruit Flambé , Fruit Compote , Hot Chocolate Soufflé , Strawberry Soufflé , Whole Wheat Fruit Galette , Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce , Caramel Custard and Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse .
- Combine all the ingredients along with 5 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a 150 mm. (6") diameter non-stick pan and grease it with butter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Cook it using a little butter on both the sides. When the sides starts to peel off, turn the crêpe around and cook the other side for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 5 more crêpes.
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the pear filling into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a crêpe on a clean dry surface, spread a portion of the pear filling on one side of the crêpe and fold it over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat step 2 to make 5 more pear filled crêpes.
- Just before serving, place a pear filled crêpe on a serving plate and drizzle some chocolate sauce over it.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||34.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.