Potato and Mushroom Stir Fry
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16163 times
A veggie accompaniment that reflects the flavours of oriental cuisine, the potato and mushroom stir fry goes very well with plain rice or noodles. You can even innovatively combine it with indian breads like roti or naan! the spring onions and capsicum, as well as the sauces used in this recipe are all commonly used in chinese cuisine, and give the dish a strong flavour and aroma. Remember to slice the veggies thinly to ensure they cook fast.
- Cook the potatoes in a vesselful of water till they are about 80% cooked.
- Cut the cooked potatoes into fingers.
- Heat the oil in a wok on a high flame till they are golden brown.
- Add the potato fingers and cook on a high flame for a few minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok again, add the ginger-garlic paste and spring onion whites and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, mushrooms and potatoes and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the soya sauce, oyster sauce, ketchup, chilli sauce, salt and pepper and mix lightly so that all the vegetables are coated with the sauces.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
- Cut all the vegetables into very thin slices to enable them to cook faster.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||249.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||37.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.