Pears with Apricot Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5930 times
Even words like heavenly do not do full justice to this dessert , which is really beyond comparison. Pears, stewed in sugar along with whole spices like cinnamon and cloves, is laced with lemon juice, and topped with a lusciously fruity apricot sauce.
A garnish of walnuts is the final masterstroke, which beautifully balances the texture and flavour of the Pears with Apricot Sauce. Serve this dessert as soon as it is assembled.
- Combine the sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves with 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pears, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while turning them occasionally. Keep aside.
- Soak the apricots in enough hot water in a deep bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Drain well and deseed them.
- Combine the deseeded apricots and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a broad non-stick pan, add the sugar mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the lemon juice, mix well and keep aside.
- Just before serving, place the pears on a serving plate and pour the apricot sauce evenly over it.
- Garnish with walnuts and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.