Paneer and Peas Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9108 times
Perky paneer cutlets with an indulgent dry fruit centre, are a real melt-in-the-mouth treat. When topped with a mixture of green peas with other flavourful ingredients, laced with sauces, and garnished with sev, these cutlets transform into an exciting Paneer and Peas Chaat, which will make a great starter at a party, or a special treat for tea-time! You can prepare the required ingredients earlier, but assemble the chaat just before serving. Preferably, make the cutlets also just before serving, so they will be crisp. This chaat is also a filling after school snack, along with a glass of Chocolaty Milkshake .
- Combine the crumbled paneer, coriander, green chillies, sugar, cornflour and salt in a deep bowl and mix very well.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions and shape into small balls.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression, place ½ tsp of the dry fruit stuffing in it and again shape them into a round ball and then flatten it lightly between your palms. Roll it lightly in cornflour.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with little oil and cook a few tikkis at a time with oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green peas, coriander, green chillies and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portion. Keep aside.
- Place 5 paneer cutlets on a serving plate, top it with a portion of peas mixture.
- Finally top it with ¼ cup of curds, 1 tbsp of green chutney, 1 tbsp of khajur imli ki chutney and 1 tbsp of crushed papadis.
- Garnish it with 1 tbsp of sev and 1 tbsp of coriander.
- Repeat step 1 to 3 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per plate
|Vitamin A||1202.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.5 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.6 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||21.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||36.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.