Orange and Chunky Caramel Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 192 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13234 times
The tang of oranges and the rich sweetness and crunchy texture of caramel strike a fabulous balance in this ice-cream, and bring out the best in each other. This ice-cream goes all out with the oranges, using it in multiple forms like tang, essence and segments. This gives it a very refreshing flavour.
Ensure that you keep the butterscotch sauce ready before preparing the ice-cream, and mix it in while it is still warm. It will form small lumps when you mix it in, but don’t worry, it will taste simply fabulous when you scoop it out. With its awesome blend of flavours and textures, the Orange and Chunky Caramel Ice-Cream is sure to impress young and old alike.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool completely, add the fresh cream, tang and orange essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Add the orange segments and butterscotch sauce and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||523.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.