Mushroom Cheese and Spring Onions Panini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4374 times
If you think Panini is just another grilled sandwich, try it once and you will realize the difference. A Panini is a special type of Italian grilled sandwich, which is never made with regular sliced bread.
Although traditionally breads like baguette, ciabatta or michetta are used, you can make do with hot dog rolls if you are in no mood to go hunting for these exotic breads.
The bread is brushed with butter, layered with cheese and packed with different combinations of cheeses, veggies and other ingredients before being grilled.
The Mushroom, Cheese and Spring Onions Panini is a winning version, which combines the unique texture of mushroom and the crunch of spring onions with the gooeyness of molten cheese. This recipe is sure to be loved by all, provided you serve it immediately after grilling.
Try other Panini recipes like the Roasted Bell Pepper and Feta Cheese Panini or Eggplant and Mozzarella Panini .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushroom and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Divide the mushroom filling into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Slit each hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife. Apply ½ tbsp of cheese spread on each side.
- Take one bread roll and on the lower halve of the bread roll put a portion of the mushroom filling and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of spring onion greens evenly over it.
- Close the bread roll and apply ½ tsp of butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 3 more paninis.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per panini
|Vitamin A||336.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.