by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25301 times
A bengali preparation…. Where garam masala adds the zing to the flavour of radish combined with green peas is a wonderful blend of spices and chillies makes this vegetable even more delectable.
- Combine the radish with enough water in a deep non-stick pan and par-boil on a medium flame for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the water. Keep aside.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a non-stick kadhai and lightly brown the potatoes on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in the same non-stick kadhai and add the red chillies and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the radish, green peas, turmeric powder, chilli powder, aniseeds, sugar and salt, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the vegetables from burning.
- Add the potatoes, mix gently and simmer until all the vegetables are done (add 1 tbsp of water if necessary while cooking). Keep aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the garam masala and sauté for 10 seconds. Add it to the vegetable, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.