Masala Aloo Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22612 times
Masala aloo roti, the unique flavour of this roti is crafted by the jeera, green chillies and pepper along with the potatoes, which also adds softness to the roti. The potatoes and maida also aid in binding. Relish this delight with a vegetable of your choice.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough again and divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), and cook the roti on a medium flame using a little oil, till gold brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 9 more rotis.
- Serve immediately with a subzi of your choice.
- If you find difficulty in rolling the rotis, roll them between 2 greased sheets of plastic.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.