Lemon and Orange Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12669 times
Citrus notes always contrast beautifully with sweet milky flavours in a dessert, making it all the more appealing. You know how chopped oranges or pineapples add more charm to even traditional desserts like rabdi.
Here is a really dashing ice-cream, which is perked up with lemon and orange rind and orange-flavoured tang. This gives a very refreshing and peppy flavour to the lusciously milky ice-cream. Not only that, the use of orange tang is quite an interesting twist, which results in a pleasant tingle on your palate when you enjoy this Lemon and Orange Ice-Cream!
- Combine the corn flour and ½ cup of milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 cups of milk in a deep non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn flour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the tang, fresh cream and orange food colour and mix very well using a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container, cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Transfer the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container add the lemon rind and orange rind and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.