5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Labneh in Hindi)
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22691 times
Labneh is a popular mezze dish, and serves as an interesting alternative to sour cream or cream cheese. Made from hung curds and seasoned with garlic, the pungent dip tastes great when spread on bread, lavash, or fresh pita. It has a prominent presence on the breakfast table, in Middle Eastern households.
- Pound the sesame seeds and olive oil in a mortar- pestle (khalbatta) to form a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, garlic, fresh cream, olive oil-sesame paste and salt in a bowl and mix well with help of a whisk till smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley and serve chilled with lavaash.
Labneh Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.