Jalebi, Recipe For Jalebi, Homemade Jalebi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 78160 times
Who can resist the temptation of fresh, deep-fried jalebis garnished with aromatic saffron strands? for all of you jalebi fans, here is a quick and tasty version that can be prepared without long hours of fermentation.
For breakfast the combo of Jalebi with Ganthias and Masala Chai Or Masala Tea and for dessert the combo of Jalebi with Rabdi is irresistible.
- Combine the yeast with 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Combine this yeast mixture with the plain flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add 5 tbsp of water if required to make a thick batter and cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the sugar syrup is of 1 thread consistency.
- Combine the saffron strands, saffron colour and 2 tsp of sugar syrup in a bowl and add to the sugar syrup and mix well. Keep aside.
- Select a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid and fill with the batter.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and press the bottle to form a coil shaped jalebi, starting from the inside to the outside.
- Deep-fry till the jalebis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place the fried jalebis into the warm syrup. Leave for 2 minutes or till they soak the sugar syrup well and then remove from the sugar syrup.
- Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder, almond slivers and pistachio slivers.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per jalebi
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.