How To Make Papad, Khichiya Papad
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33826 times
Even those who are used to buying papads from the neighborhood store will now shift to homemade ones after they try this easy recipe!
Made of rice flour perked up with taste enhancers like green chillies and cumin seeds, these Khichiya Papads can be dried under the fan itself. Not requiring sun-drying, it can be made in any season!
It is also an easy recipe that makes use of very common ingredients. Just make sure you do not roll the papad very thinly because it will crack after drying.
Follow these easy instructions on How to Make Papad and surprise your family with authentic homemade papads.
You can use these papads to make a tongue-tickling snack like Masala Khichiya Papad .
- Boil 1½ cups of water, in a deep non-stick pan, add cumin seeds, ginger and chilli paste, soda-bi-carb and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice flour gradually and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minutes using a wooden spoon, while stirring it continuously.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture in a deep bowl and knead it well.
- Add oil, and knead again till smooth and soft.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal portions.
- Grease the rolling board with little oil and roll each portion of the dough into a 150mm (5”) thick diameter circle.
- Once all rolled, place it on a sheet of butter paper at regular intervals and allow it to dry under the fan for 8 hours or till it is dried completely and become hard.
- Store it in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per papad
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.