How To Make Homemade Chocolate Chips
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1195 times
Chocolate Chips is a very common ingredient used in baking, and those who bake frequently are sure to add it as part of their monthly shopping list!
Here is a simple recipe that tells you how to make homemade chocolate chips. It requires a little patience but is not difficult, and it is definitely worth the effort because it tastes so good.
Homemade chocolate chips can be made using white chocolate or milk chocolate. It is a wonderful addition to cakes , cookies and other desserts. It can be used as a simple but exquisite topping for ice-creams and sundaes .
When making this, remember to pour the melted chocolate into the piping bag while it is still warm. If it gets cold it will not flow from the bag, and you will not be able to shape the chocolate chips.
Use the homemade chocolate chips to make delicious recipes like Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Cookies or Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice-Cream .
- Put the chocolates in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute and mix well.
- Cool it slightly and pour it in a piping bag and make a small hole at the tip using a scissor.
- Put a plastic sheet on a clean dry chopping board.
- Now, pipe out small chocolate droplets over it at regular intervals, till all the chocolate is over.
- Place the plastic sheet along with the board in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Scrape it carefully using a butter knife.
- Use it immediately or store it in an air-tight container in the fridge and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.