Homemade Samosa Patti, How To Make Samosa Patti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89208 times
Samosa Patti is a truly handy ingredient to have in stock. You can mix up a tasty filling, stuff it into the pattis and deep-fry to instantly make yummy snacks like samosas and spring rolls.
You can even come up with your own interesting creations using the frozen patti – we know people who deep-fry strips of patti and use it to make a chaat; toss it up with sauces and veggies like an instant pasta; or sauté patti strips with veggies and masalas to make a quick-fix South Indian kotthu parotta!
Basically, the uses are bound only by your imagination.
In this recipe, we show you how to make and store Homemade Samosa Patti. You must cook the patti only for 30 seconds on each side because it is meant to be undercooked. If you overcook it, you cannot make good samosas with it later. Once done, you can cool and store them in an airtight Ziploc bag in the freezer for around 2 months.
Before each use, remove the number of pattis you need and let them thaw at room temperature before using. If you attempt to use the frozen stuff directly, they will crack and break when you fold. Also ensure that your freezer is not overloaded because that will reduce the performance and cause the foods to spoil.
Use these homemade pattis to make tasty snacks like Hariyali Samosa or Spring Rolls .
- Combine the plain flour, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using approx. ¼ cup of water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling. Keep aside.
- Roll 1 more portion of the dough into a 175mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and spread ¼ tsp of oil evenly over it and sprinkle little plain flour.
- Put the rolled portion over the dusted circle and roll again into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it on a medium flame for 30 seconds on each side.
- Place it on a clean, dry surface and cut 12. 5mm. (1/2”) from both the ends and then cut into three equal long strips of 50 mm. (2”) each to get 6 strips when seperated.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 24 more samosa pattis.
- Store in freezer bag and use as required.
Nutrient values per patti
|Vitamin A||11.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.