Healthy Chana Dal Ragi Peda
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10691 times
A peda without dairy products might sound strange, and that it’s made of powdered daria and ragi flour might seem even stranger; but try this once and you will not repent having walked the healthy path!
This Healthy Chana Dal Ragi Peda is made sans dairy products like milk or mava but has a very rich texture and taste due to the unique combination of flours.
Sweetened mildly with honey and laced with cardamom powder, this peda has a very pleasant taste achieved without any refined sugar! We have, however, used a little bit of ghee to get a rich taste and mouth-feel.
You need to knead the mixture really well; otherwise it will be difficult to form the pedas. Once you get that right, there is no going back – you are en route to satisfying your sweet cravings in a nutritious way.
You can also indulge in other healthy sweets like Pear Rabri and Ragi Sheera.
Enjoy how to make Healthy Chana Dal Ragi Peda recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Put ½ tbsp of ghee in a small broad non-stick pan, add the nachni flour and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Put the remaining 1½ tbsp of ghee in the same small broad non-stick pan, add the powered chana dal and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into the same bowl containing nachni, add the honey and cardamom powder and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 37 mm. (1½”) diameter flat round.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
- This may be difficult to form into a peda but make sure you knead it very well.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per peda
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.