by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61314 times
This summer - time favourite is almost a meal. Serve it at high tea or after "bhel puri'.
- Soak the falooda seeds in 4 teacups of water and leave for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the cornflour very well in 450 ml. ( 15 fl. Oz. ) of water.
- Put to boil on a slow flame. Go on stirring and cooking until the mixture becomes transparent.
- Put the mixture in a "sev' press and by hand through the sieve into a vessel which is filled with ice-cold water and with ice cubes. This falooda "sev" must be preserved in water.
- Put 3 teaspoons of rose syrup 1 tablespoon of soaked falooda seeds and 1 tablespoon of falooda "sev" in each glass. Fill the glass uotp three - quarters and top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.