Eggplant and Mozzarella Panini
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1714 times
Humble though the brinjal is, it is widely used all over the world because it has a naturally buttery texture and flavour, which come out beautifully when cooked properly.
In specific, brinjals or eggplants are used extensively in baked dishes. Here, we have used it to make a Panani instead.
Panini is a type of grilled sandwich, made with breads like baguette, ciabatta and michetta. It is never made with sliced bread, so if you cannot lay your hands on special Panini breads, you can use hot dog rolls instead.
This Panini recipe features a mouth-watering combination of eggplant and mozzarella cheese, perked up wisely with a dash of salt and seasonings. This Eggplant and Mozzarella Panini has a really buttery feel, which pampers your palate.
Also try other Panini recipes like Tomato Basil Mozzarella Panini Caramelized Onions and Cheese Panini and Cream Cheese Veg Panini .
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the brinjal slices on it and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes using the remaining 2 tsp of olive oil till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Cool slightly and cut them into halves using a sharp knife. Keep aside.
- Slit a hot dog roll horizontally using a sharp knife and apply 1 tsp of butter on each bread halve.
- Put 4 brinjal halves on the lower halve, sprinkle 1/8 tsp of sea salt and ¼ tsp of chilli flakes and evenly over it.
- Finally put 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Close the bread roll and brush ½ tsp of butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 5 minutes or till they turn crispy and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 3 more paninis.
- Cut each panini diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per panini
|Vitamin A||362.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.