Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake, Whole Wheat Lava Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5124 times
The Chocolate Lava Cake is a hot-seller at most bakeries and coffee shops. With the intense flavour of chocolate and an addictively gooey mouth-feel, this is one dessert that instantly wins over all hearts!
Here is a fool-proof recipe for Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake that tastes awesome yet so easy to make, and using just common ingredients. Its intense taste and mouth-feel can be attributed to the use of a combination of cocoa powder and dark chocolate.
Moreover, it is made with whole wheat flour, giving you yet another reason to try it right away! You can also try other chocolate based recipes like Chocolate Truffles and Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream .
- Combine the whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar, oil, lemon juice, vanilla essence and ¾ cup of cold water in a deep bowl and mix very well till the sugar has dissolved completely. It will take approx. 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the whole wheat flour mixture and mix well using a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into 5 greased ceramic mould.
- Put 3 chocolate cubes into each ceramic mould and lightly push them in.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per lava cake
|Vitamin A||144 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||9.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.