Eggless Apple Cake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7151 times
The best thing about using apple in any dessert is that it appeals to everybody. It has a soft texture, pleasing aroma and mild taste, which everybody will enjoy.
The Apple Cake is one such creation that focuses on apples. Slices of apple are arranged like a beautiful rose, atop a base of plain flour dough, flavoured gently with vanilla and cardamom.
A sprinkling of castor sugar over the apple slices before baking softens the fruit and gives you a nice, icy mouth-feel.
The Apple Cake is best enjoyed warm, with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream. Try other fruity delights like the Apple Pie and Crunchy Pineapple Cake .
- Combine the plain flour and baking powder in a deep bowl, make a well in the centre, and add the 1 tsp of castor sugar, yeast and 5 to 7 tsp of milk in the depression.
- Mix all the ingredients in the depression. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining sugar, butter, vanilla essence and cardamom powder, mix well and knead into a soft dough using approx. ¼ cup milk. Cover with a lid or damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Dust the hands with little plain flour and knead again to make it smooth.
- Place the dough into a 175 mm. × 175 mm. (7” ×7”) diameter baking dish and spread the dough evenly by patting it using your fingers.
- Closely arrange the apple slices starting from the edges towards the centre to form a rose design.
- Sprinkle castor sugar evenly over it and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||252.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.