Dough Balls, Homemade Dough Balls
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5696 times
Dough Ball is a very, very soft bun-like snack that tastes awesome when served piping hot with herbed butter. A good amount of milk powder and butter is used in the dough to give the Dough Ball this notably soft texture.
Once baked, these soft Dough Balls are brushed with a mixture of olive oil, herbs and spices, which not only boosts the flavour of the bread but also keeps the top layer moist and prevents it from hardening.
Although you can serve it later, the Dough Balls taste best when served hot and fresh. Serve them with soup at your next party and watch smiles of contentment bloom on your guests’ faces!
Try other bread recipes like Bread Loaf or Bread Rolls .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix it well and cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, milk powder and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the yeast-sugar and knead it into a soft sticky dough using enough warm water.
- Add the butter and knead again till smooth.
- Transfer the dough into a greased deep bowl, cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough by pressing it lightly with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the plain flour over a smooth, flat surface, place the dough over it and knead it very well. If the dough is getting sticky while kneading, then sprinkle little plain flour as required till the dough is smooth.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and place it on the greased baking tray.
- Cover them with a damp muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for 30 minutes or till they rise well.
- Brush little milk over each ball.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Brush the dough balls with the prepared olive oil mixture evenly over it.
- Cool slightly and serve with herbed butter.
Nutrient values per ball
|Vitamin A||109.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.