Cucumber and Lettuce Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30565 times
When you feel like having a light, elegantly flavoured soup, the Cucumber and Lettuce Soup is an option you will appreciate! Since the soup does not have any starchy veggies like potatoes, it has a mellow, refreshing texture, which is complemented well by the richness imparted by a combination of dairy products like milk and cream. You will love the delicate balance that makes this delectable soup a great success.
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a bowl , mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the cucumber and lettuce and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely, once cooled blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan, add the cornflour-milk mixture, fresh cream, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with bread croutons.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.