Creamy Mixed Vegetables in Spinach Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18283 times
A refreshing change from the usual white sauce based Continental preparations, the Creamy Mixed Vegetables in Spinach Gravy features a vibrant and buttery spinach sauce with hints of onion and pepper perked up with colourful and crunchy vegetables. When topped with grated cheese and baked till the flavours intensify, this becomes a tantalising and sumptuous meal together with garlic bread.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach purée, green chillies, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for1 more minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- In a greased baking dish, put the prepared vegetable mixture and spread it evenly at the bottom.
- Pour the prepared spinach gravy over it and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- 3 cups chopped spinach when blanched and puréed gives approx. ¾ cup spinach purée
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||3113.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||19.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||67.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.