Coffee Walnut Ice- Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28223 times
It takes some time, no doubt, but is completely worth the effort. This will probably be the best ice-cream you have ever tasted, more satisfying because you have made it at home! With the stimulating flavour of coffee, and the salty crunch of walnuts, this Coffee Walnut Ice-Cream is something your family will love. Make sure you remember to take it out of the freezer when semi-set, to blend and add the nuts, before freezing again. Once out of the freezer, serve immediately.
- Combine the instant coffee powder with 1 tbsp of hot water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil the remaining 2 cups of milk in a deep pan, when it starts boiling, add the cornflour-milk mixture and sugar and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes or till it is of a coating consistency, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coffee-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the flame, allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an aluminium vessel and cover with an aluminium foil and freeze it in a freezer for 4 hours or till the mixture is semi-set.
- Once the mixture is semi-set, remove from the freezer and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the walnuts to the blended mixture, mix well and pour the mixture into the same aluminium vessel and cover with an aluminium foil and place it in the freezer again for 8 to 10 hours or till set.
- Just before serving, place the scoops of ice-cream in 6 individual bowls and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.