Chawli and Beetroot Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6280 times
This unusual soup, which combines chawli and beetroot, is an interesting way to include nutrient-rich chawli in your diet. Its flavour is beautifully balanced by sweet beetroot, making it very appealing.
A unique garnish of finely chopped onions and tomatoes imparts an interesting mouth-feel to the Chawli and Beetroot Soup, and gives it a zesty flavour too. Garnish this soup just before serving so that the veggies retain their crunch.
- Combine the chawli, beetroot, garlic and 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the chawli-beetroot mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt, pepper and 1½ cups of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with onions, tomatoes and chawli.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.