5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 173 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56201 times
The word "cassata" literally means "little case" due to its brick shape. Cassata is an ice-cream, shaped like a brick, consisting of layers of ice-creams of different flavours on liqueur soaked sponge. This is the Sicilian version of the dessert. I have chosen ready-made ice-cream to make a quick dessert. You may make the ice-cream yourself at home. You can prepare the cassata upto 2 to 3 days in advance and keep it frozen. A great dessert for a great evening!
- Line the sponge cake on the base of 125 mm. (5") diameter glass bowl or a shallow dish.
- Mix the powdered sugar and rum with 2 tablespoons of water and soak the sponge with this mixture.
- Soak the raisins and candied peel in the rum for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Mix the vanilla ice-cream with the rum soaked raisins, candied peel, almonds and strawberry crush.
- Spread this mixture over the first sponge layer.
- Freeze for about 3 to 4 hours until the ice-cream is firm.
- Combine the ice-cream with the cinnamon.
- Spread this coffee ice-cream mixture on top of the second layer (of ice-cream), cover and freeze till it has set for approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- Cut into wedges and serve chilled, garnished with grated chocolate.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.