Caramelized Onion and Jalapeno Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2069 times
Caramelized onions have a very beautiful flavour and totally awesome texture. Together with peppy jalapeno, the mildly-sweet caramelized onions make a wonderful topping for cheesy pizzas. A seasoning of chilli flakes adds a touch of spice too, making the Caramelized Onion and Jalapeno Pizza a flawlessly perfect creation!
Crusty Potato Fingers and Pasta Salad with Basil Vinaigrette along with a sprity drink like Guava Spritzer or Fresh Peach Fizzy Drink make ideal pizza companions.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface, brush it with 2 tsp of olive oil, put half the portion of the caramelized onions and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of jalapenos evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese and 1 tsp of chilli flakes evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 1 more pizza.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per pizza
|Vitamin A||479.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.