Crusty Potato Fingers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32471 times
When you feel like having a snack more exciting than subtly-flavoured French fries, then these Crusty Potato Fingers would be perfect for you. The potato fingers are deep-fried with a special batter, which is spiced up with green chillies, ginger and onions. Not only that, a brushing of crushed corn flakes before popping these batter-coated potatoes into the oil, is really the most exciting twist in this recipe as you are sure to agree when you relish the crunch in every bite! Serve immediately, with Schezuan sauce.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the salt and the potato fingers, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and refresh it using enough cold water. Keep aside.
- Combine the coarse paste and the batter in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Dip each potato finger in the batter and roll in the cornflakes till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry a few potato fingers, at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with schezwan sauce.
Crusty Potato Fingers Video
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||243.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||11.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.