Candied Orange Chocolate, Orange Chocolates
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 239 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19729 times
There is something unique about the chocolate and orange combo – it has a peppy taste as well as a very aesthetic appeal, two characteristics that are usually considered as contrasts! As a result of this special flavour, Candied Orange Chocolates appeal to elders and youngsters, the connoisseurs and the experimenters.
These lovely Orange Chocolates stay fresh for 15 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. While making this, make sure you use only Malta oranges and not the regular ones. Also, we have greased the plate with butter and suggest you do the same, because it gives a rich aroma. You can serve these at a party, or wrap them in coloured paper and gift them to someone you love! It would also make a very thoughtful return gift for parties.
Chocolate Orange Mousse Cake , Chocolate Orange Cheesecake , Oreo Biscuits with White Chocolate and Orange Mousse and Chocolate - Vanilla and Orange Sandesh are some desserts with the classic chocolate and orange flavour combinations.
- Combine the orange peels and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes,. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the blanched orange peels, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove on a greased plate and allow it to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the dark chocolate and milk chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix well.
- Cool slightly, add the candid orange peels and mix well.
- Pour into chocolate moulds and keep refrigerated for at least1 hour.
- Demould, serve or store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.