Brownie with White Chocolate Cage
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 97 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21014 times
An eye-catching rich, dark chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream makes a great party dessert .
Add your private note
Brownie with White Chocolate Cage recipe - How to make Brownie with White Chocolate Cage
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 8 pieces
- Grease and line a 150mm. (6”) diameter shallow, microwave safe bowl and keep aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate pieces and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir lightly to get a smooth mixture. Keep aside.
- Place the butter and castor sugar in another bowl and stir with a wooden spoon till the mixture is soft and creamy.
- Add the melted chocolate to the butter mixture and mix lightly.
- Add the curds, vanilla essence, flour mixture and walnuts and mix lightly.
- Pour the batter into the greased and lined dish and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 70% and microwave for another 1 minute. Remove and keep aside.
- Cut the cake into 8 equal rectangular pieces. Keep aside.
- Blow the balloons to a medium size and tie a knot. Wash the balloons and gently dry them with a kitchen towel. Keep aside.
- Put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds or till the chocolate is well melted, while stirring once in between after every 30 seconds.
- Fill the plastic disposable piping bag with the melted chocolate and fold the top end of the piping bag to seal it. Snip a bit off the tip to get a tiny hole for the piping to come out.
- Make a criss-cross design on the dome side of one balloon with the melted chocolate from the piping bag. This criss-cross design should only be on half of the balloons as to form a dome shaped cage.
- Place the balloon in a glass with a know side facing down.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 7 more cages.
- Refrigerate all the balloons for 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove the balloons from the refrigerator and burst each balloon from knot end using a needle.
- Discard the balloon and the cage is ready.
- Keep it refrigerated till ready to be used.
- Just before serving, place a brownie on a flat plate and cover with cage.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.