Black Raisin Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11788 times
Melt-in-the-mouth vanilla-flavoured cookies dotted with black raisins are a delight to behold and a pleasure to bite into! You are sure to enjoy the juicy tidbits that interrupt the soft yet crisp mouth-feel of each bite of this cookie.
A sprinkling of almond slivers makes the Black Raisin Cookies even richer. It is really an experience that pampers the palate! These cookies are sure to be a family favourite and a perfect gift to make and give for festive occasions like Diwali and Christmas .
- Combine the butter and sugar in a deep bowl and cream it gently using a spatula.
- Add the plain flour, vanilla essence, black raisins and salt, mix well and knead into a soft dough using milk.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Shape each portion of the dough into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter round flat cookie.
- Arrange all the cookies on a baking tray and top each cookie with a few almond slivers and press it gently.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per cookie
|Vitamin A||171.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.