Basic Pizza Base Without Oven, How To Make Basic Pizza Base Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14714 times
Have you been thinking that you cannot make a pizza at home because you don’t have an oven? Well, you can – and our idea is not as silly as borrowing an oven from somebody.
We claim that you can make an amazing Basic Pizza Base without an Oven, using the humble tava and this recipe proves it. Cooking the rolled pizza dough covered makes it as good as the original, oven-baked one. Load it with your favourite sauces and toppings, and you are all set to enjoy an awesome pizza right away.
You can use this base and make pizzas like Baby Corn and Sweet Corn Pizza in A Pan or Pizza in A Pan .
- Combine 2 tbsp of lukewarm water and dry yeast in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, olive oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle with the help of plain flour and prick each circle evenly using a fork.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and put the rolled circle over it, the pricked side facing upwards. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turnover and again cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Use as required.
- At step 6, while rolling a portion of the dough, keep the other 2 portions covered with damp muslin cloth so that they do not dry up.
Basic Pizza Base without Oven Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per pizza base
|Vitamin A||63.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.