Added to 452 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 135546 times
Poha is a preferred snack in Maharashtra and other parts of India too, because it is tasty, filling and versatile too. You can prepare a variety of dishes using poha ranging from upma to vada. Here is an innovative Baked Poha, in which the beaten rice flakes are fortified with curds, lemon juice and other ingredients, supplemented by soaked semolina, and baked in an oven till it cooks and the flavours fuse. You will enjoy the texture and flavour of this unique dish. Make sure you have it immediately.
- Combine the semolina and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside to soak for 10 minutes.
- Wash the poha in running water for a few seconds. Drain and keep aside.
- Transfer the poha into a deep bowl, add the soaked semolina, curds, coriander, green chillies, sugar, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Spread this mixture evenly in a greased baking dish and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and mix well.
- Pour this tempering evenly over the poha mixture and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400 °f) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.