by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14514 times
Popular in the United Kingdom and the United States of America, a ‘cobbler’ is a type of dish in which sweet, fruity or savoury mixtures are topped with a batter, flour-mix, biscuits or dumplings and baked. This process gives the dish a unique texture, with a crumbly crust and a succulent filling.
Here is a lip-smacking Apple Cobbler in which an apple filling is topped with a buttery flour mixture and baked, to get an exquisite snack that tastes absolutely heavenly with vanilla ice-cream!
- Combine the plain flour, ¼ cup brown sugar, butter and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and rub using your palm to form like bread crumbs. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining ½ cup of brown sugar, lemon rind, cinnamon powder, raisins and ¼ cup of water in broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the apple, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the apple mixture into an oven-safe dish and spread it evenly.
- Put the prepared plain flour-brown sugar mixture over it and spread it evenly.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over it and bake in an pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice-cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.