Baked Palak Methi Puris
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 437 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 113667 times
Low fat puris? Absolutely! This non-traditional way of making puris is not only delicious, but it makes them rich in vitamin A and iron.
- Combine the spinach and fenugreek, add salt and allow to rest for 10 minutes till the liquid is released. Use this liquid to bind the puri dough. Add all the other ingredients and knead into soft dough, using a little water if required.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a thin circle of about 40 mm. (1½") diameter.
- Prick the rolled out puris with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or till the puris are golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrient values per puri
|Fat|| 0.6 gm.|
|Carbohydrates|| 4.1 gm.|
|Energy|| 25 cal.|
|Iron|| 0.4 mg.|
|Protein|| 0.8 gm.|
|Vitamin A|| 179.6 mcg.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.