Whole Wheat Salad with Corn and Peanuts
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7211 times
This is a totally unique salad that will sweep you off your feet! Whole wheat has a very interesting mouth-feel, quite like cooked barley.
This combines beautifully with sweet corn and peanuts, to give you a multi-textured salad with a bit of crunch and a bit of chewiness.
A dash of lemony dressing boosts the flavour of the Whole Wheat Salad with Corn and Peanuts, while a garnish of fresh grated coconut gives it a fabulous facelift. In fact, you will find that the salad just doesn’t taste so good without the garnish of coconut, which is therefore a must-do.
Enjoy the salad as it is or just wrap it up in Whole Wheat Mexican Tortillas or stuff it in a Pita Bread for a satiating meal.
- Soak the whole wheat with enough water in a deep bowl overnight.
- Combine the wheat with enough water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistles or till it is completely cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain well.
- Combine the cooked wheat, sweet corn and peanuts with the dressing in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Garnish it with coconut and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||86 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||5.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.