Saffron Dill Rice with Broccoli Sauce, Kesar Suva Rice with Broccoli Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31233 times
Nothing short of a royal creation, this recipe features a ring of rice, laced with saffron and dill, filled with a luscious broccoli sauce. The saffron lends a rich hue and aroma to the rice, while dill contributes its unique flavour to it.
A dash of herbs and other ingredients like onions and green chillies make the broccoli sauce a tasty treat worthy of the intensely-flavoured rice. Arranged very appealingly, the Saffron Dill Rice with Broccoli Sauce is a delight to behold and devour!
Do include this recipe for your next party buffet, it's delicious and attractive.
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan add the rice and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the saffron- milk mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the dill and mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour, milk and ¼ cup of water in bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the broccoli and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk-water mixture, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the rice. Fill the prepared saffron rice in a greased ring mould and press it from all the sides, with the help of the back of a spoon.
- Invert the ring on a serving plate, and demould it.
- Fill the center of the rice with the prepared broccoli sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||872 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||26.3 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.