Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21577 times
This popular drink made from the potent Mexican liquor Tequila is served in chilled, salt rimmed stemmed glasses. When strawberry or kiwi are not in season use readymade strawberry or kiwi crush…… and remember to reduce the sugar proportionately. You can also make them with lemons or pineapples. Some people like salt around the rim of the glass; some don't. I do. A hint of salt on the tongue contrasts with the sweetness of the fruit and sets off the tequila's unique flavor. This drink is equally delicious without the tequila too.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend till you have a thick slushy puree.
- Pour into salt rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
- Wet the lip of the glasses with a lemon wedge and then invert the glass over a plate of salt. Pick up the glass gently and dust off any excess salt. Place carefully on the bar table. You're ready to conjure up heady Margaritas.
- You could rim the glass with a colour which is in contrast to the Margarita-a-yellow or green coloured rim for a strawberry or watermelon margarita. All you have to do is add a few drops of food colouring to the salt.
- Traditionally, Margaritas are served in glasses with stems shaped like a cactus, which keep the Maxican theme and complement the colour of a well-made Margarita. However, you may use any stemmed glass - like I have done - that strikes your fancy.
- Frozen Margaritas are best served in a wide mouthed glass. If you are serving Margaritas over crushed ice, a tumbler-like glass is preferred.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.