5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 162 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15955 times
Kesari is a wonderful low-calorie dessert made of milk solids blended with icing sugar and spices. A generous garnish of chopped almonds and pistachios adds to the rich-feel of this saffron-tinged sweet.
- Bring the milk to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Dissolve the citric acid in 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Add it to the milk, stir gently and wait for 2 to 3 minutes till the milk curdles.
- Strain out all the whey.
- Put the milk solids into a blender, add the icing sugar, cardamom powder, saffron and nutmeg and blend to a smooth paste.
- Pour into serving bowls and chill.
- Serve chilled, garnished with chopped almonds and pistachios.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.