Last Updated : Nov 02,2017
Viewed 1836 times
Wasabi Sauce is an exotic sauce made from the wasabi plant, grown mainly in the mountain valley regions of Japan. Wasabi is also called Japanese horseradish. It has a sharp and earthy taste, which is known to ‘hit the nose rather than the tongue’. That is, when you taste a drop of it, the flavour rises to the nose with a slight tingle or stinging sensation.
Wasabi sauce is available in powder or paste form – generally green in colour. Since wasabi grows only in some locations, the sauce is quite expensive.
How to select
• Wasabi sauce is available in small, tube-like packaging.
• Read the label before purchasing.
• Wasabi sauce is used in Japanese cooking.
• It is a basic accompaniment served alongside Sushi.
How to store
• Store it in an airtight container.
• Keep it refrigerated all the time.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.