How many calories does one serving of Puri Bhaji, Poori Bhaji, Aloo Puri have?
One serving of Puri Bhaji, Poori Bhaji gives 748 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 324 calories, proteins account for 40 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 384 calorie. One serving of Puri Bhaji, Poori Bhaji provides about 37 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Puri Bhaji, Poori Bhaji recipe. An age-old combo with a timeless charm, Puri Bhaji makes a perfect breakfast! It is prepared in almost all regions of India, with just mild variations.
Fluffy and golden brown whole wheat flour puris are served with a bhaji of potatoes perked up with everyday ingredients like onions, green chillies and lemon juice.
Is Puri Bhaji, Poori Bhaji healthy?
No, this is not healthy.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
What's the problem?
1. Potatoes (Aloo) : Potatoes being high in simple carbohydrates will lead to weight gain and are not good for people with diabetes, heart problem and obesity. Potatoes are recommended for malnourished children and people with low weight. See full details on why potatoes are bad for you.
2. Deep fried foods : This puris is deep fried. Any food that is deep fried is not suitable for healthy living. Your fat levels increase as deep frying increases oil absorption. Also when you use the same oil again for deep frying then smoking point decreases which leads to the development of blue smoke which is not good for health. It also increases inflammation in the body and shuts down the fat burning process.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Puri Bhaji ?
No, both potatoes and puris are the problem.
Can healthy individuals have Puri Bhaji ?
Not suggested as this is what we call unhealthy food.
What is a healthier option to Puri Bhaji?
Opt for nachni dosa, quinoa dosa, oats dosa or bulgar wheat pancakes recipe.
Bulgur Wheat Pancakes
Puri Bhaji, Poori Bhaji is high in
1. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
3. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
4. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
5. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
6. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
7. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
8. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 748 calories that come from one serving of Puri Bhaji, Poori Bhaji?
Walking (6 kmph) = 3 hrs 44 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 1 hr 15 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hr 40 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 2 hrs 8 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual