How many calories does one glass of oreo Milkshake have?
One glass of Oreo Milkshake gives 262 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 130 calories, proteins account for 23 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 109 calories. One glass of Oreo Milkshake provides about 13 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view Oreo Milkshake calorie. Oreo milkshake | Indian oreo smoothie | oreo biscuit milkshake | with 10 amazing images.
Summer times and you need a drink to cool you off? oreo milkshake is the ideal sweet treat, loved by kids all over as well as adults. It is one of my favourite milkshakes and can be prepared in minutes.
Oreo is a sandwich cookie with cream filling. They are consumed all over the world and are very popular all across the world.
Oreo milkshake is a rich and creamy milkshake prepared with the very popular oreo biscuits, we have used the cookies which are the one’s with chocolate cream filling. You can use any according to your preference.There are a lot of variations to this milkshake but we have made it with combination of Chocolate Ice cream and Vanilla ice cream which helps deriving the thick texture, a dash of instant coffee which helps balance the flavours, chilled milk and oreo biscuits, which turns out to be a lucious milkshake. No wonder why people are so fond of Oreo Milkshake.
We haven't used any sugar in the our Indian oreo smoothie as the oreo biscuits and both the ice creams are already sweet in taste and addition of sugar may make it extra sweet and may spoil the balance of flavours in the milkshake.
Oreo milkshake is a super quick and easy milkshake to make. You can make this for your kids birthday party or when you see you kiddos down and low, it would definetely cheer them up and will also be a treat to their taste buds. I occasionally make it for my family, the most elder one from the family to the youngest one everyone enjoy’s it and slurp it down in minutes.
You can top the milkshake with whipped cream and crushed oreo biscuits for an expereince that you wish would never end.
Is Oreo Milkshake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Let's understand the Ingredients of Oreo Milkshake.
What's good in Oreo Milkshake.
Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
Coffee powder : Instant coffee can come in either powder or granulated form contained in glass jars, sachets or tins. Powder and granules are generally preferred by both producer and consumer because of the ease and time for dissolving in hot water. It is up to the user to control how much is used; large amounts will produce stronger, thicker coffee whereas small amounts will produce a light coffee. Too much coffee may spoil the intended flavor and produce what some may describe as an unpleasant "metallic" taste. Instant coffee is also convenient for preparing iced coffee like the Greek frappe, which is popular in warmer climates and hot seasons.
What's problem in Oreo Milkshake.
Oreo Buiscuits : Oreo is a popular cookie sold by Kraft Foods. The original Oreo was mound-shaped and available in two flavours: lemon meringue and cream. Today, there are several variants available. In India, the traditional type with two flat chocolate cookies sandwiching a layer of cream, is very popular.
Ice- Cream : Ice cream is a sweetened frozen food made from dairy milk or cream and is flavoured with a sweetener, either sugar or an alternative.
1. Chocolate ice cream is a flavour of ice cream which is the second most common flavour of ice cream, after vanilla.
2. Vanilla ice cream is the most common and basic flavour of ice cream which is favourite amongst all. Vanilla ice cream is made by blending in vanilla essence in along with the eggs (optional), cream, milk and sugar.
Whipped Cream : Beaten whipped cream is what is obtained after beating the unbeaten whipped cream in an electric beater till it is fluffy and thick.
Note : 1 cup = 200 ml (standard cup available in the market). The weight in grams varies for each ingredient.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Oreo Milkshake?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Sugar used in the recipe is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours.
Healthy Indian Drinks you can have.
Healthy Indian drinks to choose from tulsi tea recipe, masala chaas, low fat chaas recipe and neem juice.
Can healthy individuals have Oreo Milkshake?
No, this recipe is not good and healthy.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Oreo Milkshake is high in
1. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 262 calories that come from Oreo Milkshake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hour 19 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 26 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 35 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 45 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.