How many calories does one serving of Elaichi Tea have?
One serving of Elaichi Tea gives 197 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 100 calories, proteins account for 17 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 58 calories. One serving of Elaichi Tea provides about 10 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Elaichi Tea recipe. elaichi tea recipe | Indian cardamom tea | elaichi chaa | elaichi wali chai.
In India, chaai is one beverage that transcends all seasons. Even in the sweltering summer, when you do not feel like having anything hot, everybody yearns for a cup of milky elaichi tea to boost their senses!
And when that elaichi tea is perked up with flavourful and aromatic cardamom, it is all the more exciting to the taste buds. Enjoy this Indian cardamom tea hot and fresh with your favourite savouries, over the company of good friends, and it becomes an experience to remember.
Elaichi Chai is a very famous hot beverage originated from India. Rainy or winter days, it is a go to beverage. It is one of the favourite drinks among Indians. The day starts with a cup of chai or coffee and feels incomplete without it. Indian cardamom tea or elaichi tea is a popular beverage made using a handful of aromatic ingredients. The quantity of all the ingredients varies from person to person. Every household has their own style of making elaichi wali chai.
As the name suggests, elaichai chai or cardamom tea literally translates to cardamom flavoured tea. The flavor of the tea is very powerful, it is basically made by brewing black tea leaves with cardamom.
We have made cardamom tea by combining water, tea leaves, sugar and crushed cardamom and boiled it together. The colour and flavour of the elaichi chai will largely depend upon the strength of tea powder so, always make use of good quality tea powder or tea leaves. Once it is boiled, we have added milk to it and boiled for 3-4 minutes. You can add milk according to your preference depending on how you like your cardamom tea. Strain and serve hot.
If you start walking around the streets of India, you will see a chaiwala around every corner selling tea with biscuits or cream rolls. Be it day or night. Late nights, the chai wala’s are seen selling tea (also elaichi tea) on their cycles. Tea is one of the very famous beverage and people usually start their day with tea and some breakfast.
Start your day with Cardamom tea and serve it with biscuits or any of your favourite snack.
Is Elaichi Tea healthy?
Sadly, not very healthy as Indians love adding sugar to their tea.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. Milk low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
What's the problem?
1. Sugar : Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. To live a healthy life, try and cut sugar which from your diet. It requires a slow and deliberate attempt to do it. Find hidden sugar in packaged foods and drinks and stop having those products. Did you know that a can of your favourite soft drink is estimated to have 1/2 cup of sugar.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Elaichi Tea ?
No, not for all the above as there is lots of sugar and full fat milk in this recipe.
Can healthy individuals have Elaichi Tea ?
No, as sugar levels are high. Healthy Indian drinks to choose from tulsi tea recipe, masala chaas and neem juice.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Elaichi Tea is high in
1. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
2. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 197 calories that come from Elaichi Tea?
Walking (6 kmph) = 59 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 20 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 26 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 34 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.