How many calories does one Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake have?
One Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake gives 1701 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 1004 calories, proteins account for 153 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 575 calories. One Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cakeprovides about 85 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake recipe.Just as they say that values make a man, we can also say with equal conviction that the sponge makes a cake! A soft, spongy luscious eggless chocolate sponge cake using condensed milk can prove to be the base for wondrous creations.Here is one of the most delicious sponge cakes we have ever tasted and it is eggless too. The Eggless Chocolate Sponge cake has an awesomely rich mouth-feel and intense flavor that is mind-blowing.There are many ways of making sponge cake – with milk, curd, oil or butter, but this particular eggless chocolate sponge cake made using condensed milk has a good texture a milky richness that pampers the taste buds.In fact, it is so tasty that you can just serve a cup of warm eggless chocolate sponge cake with a glass of milk to make a tasty and comforting evening tea snack .Of course, you can also use the eggless chocolate sponge cake as the base for more exotic creations by lining it with fruits and cream, decorating it with catchy icing figures, and what not. This no egg chocolate sponge cake can be served for sweets for kitty party.Whatever culinary creation you might have in mind, we are sure our eggless chocolate sponge cake will make it a grand success. In fact, we are sure you will enjoy the very experience of making this eggless chocolate sponge cake using condensed milk
Is Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake healthy?
No, this is not healthy. Let's see why.
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened : Cocoa is rich in polyphenols like flavonoids, catechins and epicatechins. These show anti-inflammatory effect as well help the body get rid of harmful free radicals and thus reduce the onset of various chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and cancer. Small amounts of cocoa powder have been proven to reduce insulin sensitivity and improve blood sugar control and benefit diabetics. Some random trials with cocoa powder have exhibited reduction in the levels of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the body making it good for heart and good for weight loss. See detailed benefits of cocoa powder.
What's the problem?
1. Plain flour (maida) : This recipe uses plain flour or maida which is refined carb not suitable for healthy lifestyle. Maida consumption in any food should be totally avoided or just a little bit of usage as any consumption of this will cause a larger spike in blood levels which is not good for diabetics, heart patients. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage. Read is maida good for you to understand fully.
2. Condensed Milk, Sweetened Condensed Milk: Condensed Milk – itself is very high in energy (513 calories from ½ cup). That’s a lot! This is of most concern especially when most of it is because of the added sugar, which does not offer any benefit in reality. So weight watchers and those suffering from diabetes and heart disease as well as those aiming a healthy lifestyle need to definitely stay steer of this ingredient, though rich in taste. Condensed milk is a dairy product, so it is a concentrated source of protein and calcium, which are necessary to build strong bones. It does provide some B vitamins and potassium also. So condensed milk should be the preferred choice over plain sugar. Read is condensed milk healthy?
3. Butter : Butter contains 80% fats and it comprises of many types of fatty acids. Butter has short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Due to this anti-inflammatory effect, it is said to have a positive effect in treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Recent research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health. So diabetics too can have small quantity of butter and balance it with other types of fats they consume. A tbsp. of butter fulfils 8% of your days requirement of vitamin A. This Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant which is essential for glowing skin health and immune function. We suggest you read about butter the super food.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake?
Can healthy individuals have Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake?
Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
4. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
5. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
7. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy kin.
8. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
9. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
10. Potassium : Potassium is critical for those with high blood pressure as it lessen the impact of sodium. Eat more avocados, bananas, watermelons, papaya, plums and grapefruits.
11. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 1701 calories that come from Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake?
Walking (6 kmph) = 8 hrs 30 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 2 hrs 50 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 3 hrs 47 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 3 hrs 12 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.