How many calories does one glass of Pineapple Banana Smoothie have?
One glass of Pineapple Banana Smoothie gives 170 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 83 calories, proteins account for 17 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 52 calories. One glass of Pineapple and Banana Smoothie provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Pineapple and Banana Smoothie recipe. Pineapple and banana demonstrate an amazing synergy in this tasty smoothie. The soft texture and appealing sweetness of bananas balance the sharp, invigorating flavour and texture of pineapples very well, resulting in a luscious smoothie with a very enjoyable flavour.
Curd adds to the creaminess of the smoothie, while orange, ginger and honey bring in more rejuvenating flavours. Serve the Pineapple and Banana Smoothie with breakfast, or enjoy it as a mid-meal snack.
Is Pineapple Banana Smoothie healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Banana : Banana is high in potassium. Potassium helps normalize the heartbeat and regulates the body's water balance. Bananas have low sodium content and high potassium content, and contribute for making it an ideal fruit for hypertensives. See the 7 incredible benefits of banana.
2. Pineapple : ½ cup of chopped pineapple contains 2.3 grams of fiber and being a natural laxative helps in keeping your bowel movements smooth and regular. It also helps you feel satiated for a longer period of time which eventually decreases your entire calorie intake in a day. However, it is always better to have fresh pineapple. Pineapple has a low glycemic load of about 5. and should be eaten in moderation by diabetics.
3. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Pineapple Banana Smoothie ?
No, as we have used full fat curds, honey plus pineapple which are all on restricted usage for diabetics. Also fat level is high.
Can healthy individuals have Pineapple Banana Smoothie?
Yes, but this is like a meal by itself.
Pineapple and Banana Smoothie is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 170 calories that come from Pineapple and Banana Smoothie?
Walking (6 kmph) = 51 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 17 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 23 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 29 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.