How many calories does one Hard Boiled Egg have?
One Hard Boiled Egg gives 86 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 0 calories, proteins account for 27 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 60 calories. One Hard Boiled Egg provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Hard Boiled Eggs recipe.
Is Hard Boiled Eggs healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
7 Health Benefits of Eggs
1. Eggs are an inexpensive good quality protein rich foods with all the 9 essential amino acids. One egg (50 g) contains approximately 87 calories and 6.7 g of protein. For those who stay clear of non-vegetarian foods like meat and fish, can rely on eggs as a source of complete protein.
2. Moreover they are a fairly good source of calcium, vitamin D and phosphorus… All these nutrients along with protein work towards building strong bones and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Eggs are also rich in vitamins like Vitamin A (necessary of healthy eyes) and B vitamins (vitamin B2, B3, B6 and B9).
4. The iron present in it will ensure a good supply of oxygen to prevent fatigue throughout the day.
5. Eggs give a high satiety value, while they add only fewer calories,. Thus they avoid unnecessary bingeing and thus promote weight loss too. Scrambled and boiled eggs should be preferred over the fried option. The reason is quite clear – none of us want to increase the waistline.
6. Eggs are considered as brain food due to the presence of choline in them. This benefits us by increasing the concentration by keeping the brain cells well-nourished.
7. Eggs are incredibly good source of antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, which is known to protects against macular degeneration in the eyes and delay the onset of cataract. They also reduce the inflammation in the body and scavenge the free radicals, thus protecting all the organs and cells of the body.
So go ahead and have your hard boiled eggs as they are extremely healthy for weight loss, heart and diabetics.
Hard Boiled Eggs is high in
1. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 86 calories that come from Hard Boiled Eggs?
Walking (6 kmph) = 26 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 9 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 11 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 15 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.