by Tarla Dalal
Added to 185 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89544 times
A variation of the famous Agra ka Petha.
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin. Using a melon scooper, scoop out balls from the pumpkin.
- Prick each pumpkin ball with a fork at close intervals.
- Rub the slaked lime on the pumpkin balls and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Wash the pumpkin balls thoroughly. Drain and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, combine the sugar and yellow food colouring with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Skim off any impurities floating on the surface, using a slotted spoon.
- Add the pumpkin balls and cook on high flame for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the fire. Cool completely.
- Drain form the sugar syrup and roll the petha balls in desiccated coconut.
- Cool completely.
- VARIATION : ANGOORI PETHA PIECES
- Cut the pumpkin into 25 mm. (1") squares and then folow the above recipe from step 2. Do not roll in desiccated coconut.
- VARIATION : PETHA SLICES
- Slice the pumpkin into thin slices (approx. 15 to 20 slices) using a wafer slicer and then follow the above recipe from step 2.
- Do not roll in desiccated coconut.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.