Almond Praline ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20020 times
A scrumptious crunch topping that can be used in many desserts, especially sundaes. The crunch of almonds together with caramelized sugar imparts a wonderful texture to recipes. While i have included it in the recipe of chocolate nougat cake, but it can even be eaten by itself!
- Combine the sugar and vanilla essence in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the almonds and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a greased flat surface and allow it to cool and harden.
- Scrape it out using a palate knife and coarsely powder it using a mortar-pestle (khalbatta).
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- As sugar caramelizes quickly, make sure you pay attention during the melting process at step 1.
- Be very careful while making this recipe as hot praline mixture can cause burns very easily.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.