Unni Appam, Mini Sweet Appam
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Unni Appam, Mini Sweet Appam in Hindi)
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47686 times
If you are familiar with South Indian cooking, you are sure to have encountered the traditional appam, the irresistibly sweet, deep-fried, brown-coloured balls fragrant with banana and molten jaggery!
While it is traditionally made using ground wheat or a combination of wheat and rice, here is a slightly modified version using just rice.
You can aslo try savoury appes like Rice Appe and Urad Dal and Vegetable Appe .
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute, keep aside.
- Combine the rice, jaggery, banana and 1 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend it till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture, in a deep bowl add the coconut and cardamom powder, mix well.
- Heat little ghee in an appe mould on a medium flame, pour 1 tbsp of the batter into each mould.
- Cook, using little ghee, till the lower surface becomes golden brown and then turn each appam upside down using a fork so as to cook them from the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more appams.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per unni appam
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.