Tofu and Spinach Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33125 times
Visually appealing and amazingly tasty, these Parathas look very good thanks to the green hue imparted by the spinach purée. There are different varieties and brands of tofu available, both Indian and international. Indian tofu is softer in texture and less expensive than the international ones. You could use whichever is easily available, that will not change the 'effect' of the dish!
- Combine the wheat flour, plain flour, soya flour and salt together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the spinach purée and knead into a smooth dough adding water as required (You will require approx. 3 tablespoons of water for kneading). Keep aside for 10 minutes under a wet muslin cloth.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and roll out one portion of dough into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle using a little flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre and fold the edges of the dough over the stuffing.
- Pinch the edges together to seal the stuffing and remove the excess dough.
- Flatten the dough and roll out again into a square of 100 mm. (4").
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle) over a medium flame using soya oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.