Sugar Free Date Rolls, Healthy Diabetic Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42602 times
Dates are naturally sweet and full of nutrients. Although not allowed in large quantities for diabetics, it is any day a better option compared to other sugar-laden sweets.
Since this recipe contains nuts, it falls easily on the richer side of the sweets spectrum, so indulge in it in small portions and only once in 20 days to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Poppy seeds and nuts are rich in protein, calcium etc. And therefore, there is a good dose of nutrients too in store!
Try other desserts like Chocolate Pinwheels or Apple Crepes .
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the dates and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously for 5 to 7 minutes or till they turn into a soft lump.
- Remove and add the almonds, pistachio nuts and walnuts and mix well.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a roll.
- Coat each roll with poppy seeds and refrigerate to set.
- It is highly recommended that this recipe be relished by diabetics only occasionally and in small quantities. This is just a mere ‘treat’ and does not qualify for a regular diabetic menu.
|Energy|| 81 calories|
|Protein|| 1.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 9.6 gm|
|Fat|| 3.8 gm|
|Calcium|| 75.2 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.9 gm|
|Iron|| 1.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.